A review about the Samoa Bureau of Statistics
The Bureau of Statistics has a mandate to support statistical activities and services in Samoa.
In this role SBS can sometimes help in practical aspects of the design and carrying out of statistical activities, and provide information about best practise and international standards for statistics.
If you are involved in the development or use of statistics about Samoa, contact the Bureau. Advice can be given in areas including:
- Questionnaire design
- Survey design
- Sample selection for household surveys
- Maps of sampled areas
- Recruitment and management of interviewers
- Advice on processing data
- Training on statistical analysis and report writing
- Standard classifications and methods for Samoa
Using samples of households from the Bureau’s GIS household survey frame helps to manage the survey burden on Samoa’s small population.
Contact SBS for more information.